An Examination of the Zapatista Education System
This lesson is based on the Schools for Chiapas video “Zapatista Education”, and aims to examine and familiarize learners with a background to the Zapatista system of education, their approach to and way of organizing education, and the significance of their schools in the lives of their communities.
- Video: “Zapatista Education“
- Lesson plan: “Ourselves and Others: How We Learn”
- Article: “Autonomous Education in the Zapatista Communities: Schools to Cure Ignorance”
- Article: “Educate in Resistance: The Autonomous Zapatista Schools”
- Article: “Why Autonomous Education?”
- Photo gallery: Mayan Schools of Dignity